Wednesday, September 14

Updates From AISPA - Ashok Bahirwani (13 Sept. 2011)

Good Evening Speakasians,

Thank you all for having allowed me the much needed holiday with my family to celebrate the Ganesh Maha Utsav.

Unfortunately on 8th September, 2011 my mother had to be admitted for severe Pneumonia which later progressed into multiple disorders. She is stable now and my entire family prays that she is able to win this battle and come back home safe.

Loads have happened since I wrote last on 6th September, 2011 and our President has covered almost all issues including the great news of the EXIT OPTION.

Today our Global CEO Mrs. Harender Kaur wrote on the official Blog about the genuineness of the website of the company i.e. www.speakasiamarketing.com I sincerely hope and pray that with this communication from our chairperson any question or doubt about this company initiative is finally put to rest. I request all the panelists who wish to opt to take the EXIT OPTION should go to this new company website and fill out the EXIT APPLICATION.

Mr. Melwyn Crasto, President, AISPA., in his last update had pointed out the company’s resolve to ensure that the panelists opting for the exit option are paid without further delay even going to the extent of depositing the money in any designated court or any competent authority so that the panelist are paid out without any further delay.

Speakasians I wish to draw your attention to the fact that this is probably the first time in history of publication that a company is agreeing to refund subscription costs to a subscriber after the subscriber has paid up the subscription cost for a stipulated period. This goes a long way to show the absolute genuineness of SAOL. With this decision I feel all doubt should be put to rest about the long term goal of the company.

During my interaction with panelists personally and on reading the queries of many a panelist through the CONTACT US on aispa.co.in I have drawn out some common questions of panelists as listed below:

1. I do not remember the exact joining date? I only remember the month and year but not the date?

ANSWER: In this case you will have to wait for the company website to get operational before you can opt for the EXIT OPTION, unless the company modifies the EXIT APPLICATION and makes this field not mandatory.

2. I do not remember the Sponsor ID? My Sponsor does not remember which account they sponsored me through?

ANSWER: In this eventuality you will have to await the website to get operational again. The company I am sure are aware of these issues by now and they may modify the EXIT APPLICATION or may allow all fields to be not mandatory.

3. I have not uploaded my Banking details? I do not have a bank account?

ANSWER: This is in gross violation of the company’s norms or terms of agreement and I am sure you will have to wait for the restarting of the website and only after uploading the banking details you will be able to get any sort of refund of your subscription cost from the company.

The steps being taken by the company are uplifting the confidence of the panelists and the panelists are now feeling secured in the association with the company.

What worries me now is that as the authorities are seeing the company take solid positive steps towards normalization I hope and pray that the authorities do not start taking a stance of hitting below the belt and start harassing the panelists.

Once again I appeal to all Speakasians to stand united, have faith in the company, and have patience.

The entire family of Speakasians is on the verge of a memorable victory I wish to recount an explanation of a panelist from Hyderabad of the present situation as below:

“We all are sitting in an airplane whose engines have been shut, that is why we are all sweating….

Soon you will be disembarked and made to board a rocket called “Speakasia”, which will take you to the heights of great success.”

Proud to be a speakasian

Jai Speakasia
Ashok Bahirwani
Secretary
AISPA